The Sardis English Baptist in Resolven has two buildings, and older one, and a new one. The older one was built in 1864 and rebuilt in 1892 - inset stone bottom left reads: Sardis Baptist Chapel build 1864 J. Jones builder.
The newer building was opened in 1904 by Richard Cory Esq.
Kellys Directory of South Wales, 1920
Baptist (English), built in 1904, seat 500, Rev. T. Phillips Lloyd; 11 a.m. & 6 p.m.; tues & thurs. 7 p.m.
This tablet was unveiled by Richard Cory Esq. J.P. of Cardiff on the opening day October 29th 1904: